* Al-Sheikh Al-Kulaini states in Al-Kafi Book: Reported from Ammar bin Marwan that he asked Imam Abou Jaa’far (Pbuh) about robbery. Imam (Pbuh) said: “Everything that was robbed from the Imam is illicit along with consuming the money of orphans. Illicit money is in many types like, the money of prostitutes, pride of intoxicants, interest. As for taking bribe to giving a judgment is considered as the disbelief in Allah and His Messenger (Pbuhp).” 
* Al-Hor Al-Amili states in Wasa’el Al-Shia Book: Reported from Al-Hussein bin Alwan from Imam Abou Jaa’far (Pbuh) from his father (Pbuh) that he said: “Ali Bin Abi Talib (Pbuh) used to say: “He who encounters a thief robbing him must beat him unstoppably and I’m his partner in that.” 
* Al-Sheikh Al-Kulaini states in Al-Kafi Book: Reported from Ali bin Abi Hamza from Imam Abou Abdellah (Pbuh) that he said: “ A thief’s hand isn’t amputated until his robbery reaches one quarter of a Dirham. Imam Ali (Pbuh) amputated hands for an iron egg.” Ali also said: “Abou Baseer asked Imam Abou Abdellah about the least robbery whose punishment is amputating one’s hand. Imam (Pbuh) said: “An iron egg.” He said: “How much is its price?” Imam (Pbuh): “one quarter of a Dirham.”“
* Al-Sheikh Al-Kafi states in Al-Kafi Book: Reported from Mohammad bin Qays from Imam Abou Jaa’far (Pbuh) that he said: “Ameer Elmo’mineen (Pbuh) amputated the right hand of one when he steals for the first time. If he steals another time, his left leg is amputated, if he steals another time he is imprisoned. His right leg is spared for walking to go to bathroom and his left hand is spared for eating and wiping himself.” 
* Al-Sheikh Al-Kulaini states in Al-Kafi Book: Reported from Is’haq bin Ammar from Imam Abou Ibrahim (Pbuh) that he said: “the hand of the thief is amputated. His thumb and the cavity of his palm are spared. When the leg is amputated a part of it is spared by which he walks.” 
* Qotob Al-Deen Al-Rawandi states in Al-Khara’ij Wal-Jara’ih Book: A black man came to Ali Bin Abi Talib (Pbuh) and said: “O Ameer Elmo’mineen, I stole. Purify me.” Imam (Pbuh): “You might not have stolen.” Then Imam turned his face away from the man. The man said: “O Ameer Elmo’mineen, I stole. Purify me.” Imam said: “You might not have stolen intentionally.” He said: “O Ameer Elmo’mineen, I stole intentionally.” So when he admitted three times, Ameer Elmo’mineen (Pbuh) amputated his hand. So he took his hand and left saying when walking in the road: “Ameer Elmo’mineen (Pbuh) amputated my hand, the Imam of the pious, the Leader of the faithful believers, Yasoub of Religion, the Master of custodians amputated my hand.” Al-Hassan and Al-Hussein heard that from him. When they came to their father (Pbuh) they said: “We saw a black man praising you.” Ameer Elmo’mineen (Pbuh) sent one to bring him back to him. Then he (Pbuh) said: “I amputated your right and yet you are praising me!?” He said: “O Ameer Elmo’mineen you purified me. Loving you is molded in my flesh, blood and bones. If you chop me into pieces I will still love you.” So Imam prayed and attached his hand back in its place as it was before.” 
 الكافي ج5 ص126, معاني الاخبار ص211, عنه البحار ج100 ص43, تهذيب الاحكام ج6 ص 368, وسائل الشيعة ج12 ص62 باختصار, مستدرك الوسائل ج13 ص70 بعضه, تفسير العياشي ج1 ص205 بعضه, عنه البحار ج100 ص53, فقه القرآن ج2 ص26, تفسير نور الثقلين ج1 ص406 بعضه.
 قرب الاسناد ص95, عنه البحار ج76 ص195, وسائل الشيعة ج11 ص94.
 الكافي ج7 ص223, علل الشرائع ج2 ص536, عنه البحار ج76 ص185, تهذيب الاحكام ج10 ص103, وسائل الشيعة ج18 ص492, التفسير الصافي ج2 ص34, التفسير الاصفى ج1 ص274.
 الكافي ج7 ص224, علل الشرائع ج2 ص537, عنه البحار ج76 ص186, تهذيب الاحكام ج10 ص102, وسائل الشيعة ج18 ص490, تفسير الميزان ج5 ص334, مجمع الفائدة ج13 ص256.
 الخرائج ج2 ص561, عنه البحار ج41 ص202/ ج76 ص188, كلمات الامام الحسين (ع) ص130.